Monday, July 30, 2018

Pong Travels: Mt. Talamitam and Dudong Cove

Hello! Bundok hits muna tayo after magpalamig sa Estados Unidos. Mt. Talamitam! 🐢

[March 31-April 1, 2018]

It was my first summit of 2018! I've been to Mt. Talamitam roughly 10 years ago and the beauty of the mountain still has not changed. This is considered a minor climb and recommended for beginners, too. Difficulty Level: 3/9.☺


PissDrunx, Mt. Talamitam Summit

First climb after my US stint and I tell you, it was really tough. Haha. When I climbed this mountain 10 years ago, I have my bag with me 'til we reached the summit. And now, I didn't have anything w me - just myself, yet twas a struggle. Lack of exercise and lots of fats - yeah. Thankfully, I have very supportive friends who kept pushing me - almost literally, too. Haha. 


Mt. Talamitam - 10 years later with Yo, we didn't have a copy of the photo 10 years back - sayang!

The climb was also a celebration of Ornap's birthday. He works overseas, so it was a bit of a reunion of our barkada which we call PissDrunx. As always, it was fun, chill and w tears, too? (Bakit tayo may tears, Jong? Hehe. Ton kasi e. ♥) After the climb, we headed to the beach (it didn't have a name, so we just called it the Dudong Cove). Originally, we plan to settle at the Papaya Cove but it was so crowded. It was my first time to get drunk after so many years. But I guess it's fine as am with the right set of people. It was my first time to ride a boat as in a little boat under just the moonlight with no life vest! Crazy. Lots of things happened that weekend. Haha. Lasheng e. And am literally smiling while am typing. The kwentuhan leveled up a bit - maybe because now we're older. Oh well. Fun times. Lasheng times. PD times.


happy lunch photo

Good times - well, not so. (Sorry, Dude! Di ko kayang galit ka saken, confirmed.)
Mt. Talamitam - Topher, me and the Dude I was referring to

Some snaps below. Full album (pics + videos) here




Mt. Talamitam - mga pogi sila - yo, jorge, topher and birthday boy, ornap

Mt. Talamitam GP edit - Topher

Mt. Talamitam GP edit - Pong

Mt. Talamitam GP edit - Jorge

Tagaytay Brekky

Mt. Talamitam pababa na Saudi Pose

Mt. Talamitam - the "baby, are you okay?" pose - haha

picture muna before leaving Dasma

Super touched with this keychain! Thanks, Dude! #simplethings #bigjoys


How to go to Mt. Talamitam:

Public Transpo: Ride a bus bound to Nasugbu. Drop off point should be Sitio Bayabasan. Fare is about PHP120.


Nasugbu Bus Terminals:

  1. DLTB Bus Terminal in Buendia
  2.  San Agustin Bus Terminal in Pasay

Private Transpo: Take the South Super Highway then exit to Sta. Rosa then go straight to Tagaytay. Do a right turn and go straight until you reach the Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway. Go straight until you reacj Km 83, Sitio Bayabasan which is Mt. Talamitam's jump-off. 

  • Is a guide required? - They are requiring it now, but we managed not to. We were there March 31 for a dayhike. Minimum is PHP300-PHP500, it depends.
  • How much is the registration fee? PHP40 
  • Shower Fee: PHP20 
Remember: Talamitam is an open mountain so it can be very hot during summer. Make sure you have everything you need to protect yourself from the sun. It'll be worth it. 

 

"Leave nothing but foot prints,take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time." Enjoy! ☺


speak from the heart, 
pong 🐢💙



No comments:

Post a Comment